Thursday - January 12, 2012

From: Danbury, CT
Topic: General Botany
Title: Help with Science Fair project from Danbury CT

QUESTION:

Hello Mr Smarty, I was going to do my science project on weevils and their impact on milfoil. The weevils are in hibernation until spring and my project is due in mid-Feb. Any suggestions on a similar project that I can do now that include a local invasive species? Thanks Natalie

ANSWER:

You won't believe this, but this is not the first time Mr. Smarty Plants has been asked for help with Science Fair projects. Nor is this the first time that a little more planning ahead on the project might have saved the day. Since we don't know what kind of resources you might have, or the specifications for your particular school, we are going to link you to seven previous questions to Mr. Smarty Plants. Some have links to other websites that might make suggestions useful to you. Hopefully, some of these will give you suggestions you can use.

Plants surviving all climates

Music affecting sunflower plants

Fast growing plants

Music affecting necklacepod plants

Flowers opening at day or night

Glucose concentration for plants

Effects of temperature on plants

Plants that can grow in two weeks

Invasive plants in American Samoa