Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for pecan mulch used at Wildflower Center from Austin

Friday - November 11, 2011

Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Compost and Mulch
Title: Source for pecan mulch used at Wildflower Center from Austin
Answered by: Barbara Medford and Sean Watson

QUESTION:

Hello Mr. Smarty Pants I was recently at the Wildflower Center. I saw all the pecan shell mulch and was wondering where you get it from. I noticed awhile back that it is one of the recommended mulches in a Howard Garrett book and actually called around to different places to see if I could get some. The only place I found was gardenville who sells it by the bag and it's quite expensive. Thank you for your time. Liz

ANSWER:

From our Nursery Manager, Sean Watson:
You can find it in bulk for $28/yd here:

Texas Organic Products/Garden-Ville Buda - Bulk Products Only
3016 FM 1327
Buda TX 78610

512.350.0159