Sunday - September 04, 2011

From: LÚpaud, France
Region: Other
Title: More information on Malvavaceae from French botanical garden

QUESTION:

hello thanks for the reply in your garden all of yours Malvaceae interested us but priority for this species could you help us ? regards Fabrice Absous Allowissadula holosericea Bastardia viscosa Cienfuegosia drummondii Eremalche parryi ssp. parryi Eremalche rotundifolia Hibiscus biseptus Hibiscus coulteri Hibiscus denudatus Hibiscus martianus Hibiscus striatus Hibiscus striatus ssp. lambertianus Iliamna grandiflora Kokia drynarioides Malvella lepidota Malvella leprosa Meximalva filipes Rhynchosida physocalyx

ANSWER:

As we explained to you in our answer to your previous question, we do not have information in our Native Plant Database on any plants non-native to North America.

You no doubt have the same kind of access to the Internet that we do. This particular member of the Mr. Smarty Plants Team uses Google as a browser, but there may be others you find more convenient or accessible in Europe.  If you follow the italicized genus and species name link on each plant, this will take you to our webpage on that plant. At the bottom of the webpage on each plant is a link to Google on that plant, so you can do your own additional searches. We have no idea if any of these plants could be obtained or would thrive in France.

Allowissadula holosericea (Chisos mountain false indianmallow) - this is native to North America, in fact to New Mexico and Texas, basically to desert areas. More information.

Bastardia viscosa (Viscid mallow) - native to Texas. More information.

Cienfuegosia drummondii (Yellow flymallow) - native to Texas. More information.

For the rest of these, we will just give you the link to our database, if that plant is in there. At the bottom of the webpage is a link to Google on that plant.

Eremalche parryi ssp. parryi (Parry's mallow)

Eremalche rotundifolia (Desert fivespot)

Hibiscus biseptus (Arizona rosemallow)

Hibiscus coulteri (Coulter hibiscus)

Hibiscus denudatus (Paleface)

Hibiscus martianus (Heartleaf rosemallow)

Hibiscus striatus (Striped rosemallow)

Hibiscus striatus ssp. lambertianus (Striped rosemallow)

Iliamna grandiflora (Largeflower wild hollyhock)

Kokia drynarioides (Hawai'i treecotton)

Malvella lepidota (Malvalla)

Malvella leprosa (Alkali mallow)

Meximalva filipes (Texasfan)

Rhynchosida physocalyx (Bladderpod sida)