Saturday - September 03, 2011

From: LÚpaud, France
Region: Other
Topic: Non-Natives, Herbs/Forbs, Shrubs
Title: Request for seeds or cuttings for Malvaceae from French Botanical Garden

hello We create a botanical garden devoted to the Malvaceae, can you help us by sending us seeds or cuttings? friendly the director jean-marie Jolicard botanical garden beaulieu 23170 LÚpaud France F.Absous curator of living plants

We are very flattered that you thought of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center (home of Mr. Smarty Plants) when you were doing research for your botanical garden. However, we only provide seeds of North American native plants to established seed banks such as the Millennium Seed Bank in London. We don't know what the Customs rules are about live cuttings, but we bet they don't like them.

But, most importantly, we deal only in plants native not only to North America but to the area in which those plants grow naturally. We do not sell seeds or cuttings, and only sell native plants of Central Texas at our two semi-annual Plant Sales.

We do invite you to visit our Native Plant Database for information on North American members of the family Malvacaceae. Also, we would be pleased if you visited our Ask Mr. Smarty Plants Question and Answer section.