Friday - July 22, 2011

From: Waco, TX
Title: Looking for the tallest okra stalk in Waco, TX.

I am looking for the tallest okra stalk in Waco,Texas. Back in the 1950s, it was in the Waco paper but I can't find it. My Grandfather's name was Robert W. Goss of Waco, and he had his picture taken with that stalk. Thank you for your help

Well Mr. Smarty Plants can tell you that okra (Hibiscus esculentus) is a member of the Mallow family and closely related to cotton and Hibiscus. However, it is a non-native, and we wouldn’t expect to find a picture of it in our Image Gallery.

I have been in touch with the Genealogy Library in Waco, and they told me they would contact you via e-mail to get more details to help them with their search. Hopefully you will soon have the picture of this tall okra plant with your grandfather.