En EspaÑol

Saturday - July 16, 2011

From: Snellville, GA
Topic: Non-Natives, Turf
Title: Growth of non-native bermudagrass in Snelville GA

How do you grow Bermuda grass successfully in the state of Georgia? Techniques in fertilization, lawn cutting and general maintenance. Thank you.

Sorry, wrong number. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plants grow natively. Cynodon dactylon, bermudagrass, is native to Africa and is considered one of the most aggressive weeds in the South, as you will see in the article from the University of California Integrated Pest Management on Bermudagrass.

However, since you asked, we found this article from the archives of Aggie Horticulture, Texas A&M, that should answer some of your questions. University County Extension offices are a better source for help with non-natives, so we suggest you contact the University of Georgia Extension Office for Gwinette Co.