Monday - June 27, 2011

From: Dallas, TX
Topic: General Botany
Title: Is Phlox divaricata evergreen?

QUESTION:

Is Phlox divaricata evergreen?

ANSWER:

According to its Plant Profile page in the Native Plant Database,  Phlox divaricata (Wild blue phlox)  is an evergreen plant.

Wild blue phlox
Phlox divaricata

More General Botany Questions

Smarty Plants on Wildflowerology
July 08, 2005 - I know there is a word for everything, but I can't find the offical word for the study of wildflowers. Wildflowerology just doesn't sound right. Can you help?

Forum for reporting rare plants
July 05, 2014 - Hi Mr. Smarty Pants, I was wondering if there is a forum for Texans to submit sightings of native plants they find? I live in Medina County and 2 years ago had a rare native plant growing in my yard ...

Source for DNA sequencing of Opuntia species
March 04, 2014 - Hi Mr. Smarty Plants, I am trying to do a Opuntia speciation study, and rather just identifying the species by morphological comparison, I would also like to go a little deeper by comparing the DNA...

Classes for a nature lover in Frisco TX
August 16, 2009 - I have a question which I don't think is available in this website. I love plants & flowers,trees etc- just like you, I've only studied till my higher secondary school; now would love to study as we...

Ruffly foliage on native lantana
November 05, 2013 - A native lantana in my front yard has developed ruffly foliage on one stem. It looks like miniature broccoli. What can this be?