Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for Texas Hawthorne (Crateagus texana)

Friday - May 19, 2006

From: Houston, TX
Title: Source for Texas Hawthorne (Crateagus texana)

QUESTION:

Hello, I am in search of some Texas Hawthorne (Crateagus texana). Thanks,

ANSWER:

You can search our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries near you that might have Texas Hawthorne (Crataegus texana). Although in a quick a preliminary search I didn't find Texas Hawthorne for sale, I did find that Natives of Texas in Kerrville, Texas, has Tracy Hawthorn, a similar species. There are many nurseries listed with no webpages, but with telephone numbers, that you can call. You might also check with a nearby chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas for nurseries that specialize in native plants. For instance, the Houston chapter has a list of "Suggested Plants and Sources of Natives for the Houston Area".