En EspaÑol

Saturday - June 18, 2011

From: Porter, TX
Title: What variations of non-native Lavender will grow in Montgomery County TX

I live in East Montgomery County, Texas. What varieties of Lavender grow best in my area? I had some success with Providence variety and Spanish variety. I would like to grow more varieties if possible.

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is committed to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but to the areas in which they are being grown, so we have no information on Lavender, which is native to the Meditteranean Basin, in our Native Plant Database. We have heard from others that Spanish Lavender seems to do the best in Central Texas, and the English lavenders do the worst, but we have no documentation on that.