Tuesday - June 07, 2011

From: Naples, FL
Title: Summer fragrance from Naples FL

Ever since I was a little girl growing up in Naples, Florida, there has been something that blooms in the summer. I smell this every day into the evening and it isn't a flowery fragrance, it was a little more spicey smelling and very prominent. Do you know what this could be?

Since no one on the Mr. Smarty Plants Team has gardened in Florida, and since what smells good to one nose might smell totally different to someone else, we suggest you ask gardeners in your area what that smell is? Plant identification is difficult enough (and often impossible) with physical descriptions of the plant in question, but a smell? Sorry, wish we could help you.