Mr. Smarty Plants - Long-legged bugs eating roses in Richmond VA

Sunday - May 22, 2011

From: Richmond, VA
Topic: Non-Natives, Diseases and Disorders
Title: Long-legged bugs eating roses in Richmond VA

QUESTION:

There are bugs eating my roses. What can I do? They look like long bugs with a lot of legs.

ANSWER:

Most members of the rosa genus are native to China, and therefore fall out of our realm of expertise in plants native not only to North America but to the areas in which those plants grow natively. We will try to direct you to some websites that can help you more than we could:

Rose Garden Guru  Rose Problems and Prevention

Roses-Rose Problems

University of Minnesota Extension Insect Pests of Roses

For close to home information, we suggest you contact the Virginia Cooperative Extension office for the city of Richmond.