Wednesday - April 06, 2011

From: Augusta, GA
Title: Plant identification

I'm trying to figure out the name of a plant/shrub purchased a couple years ago. It was a shrub (about medium sized) with yellow blooms that smelled like lemon. I don't think it was lemon balm or lemon verbena; most definitely not the golden chain tree. HELP!

All three of the plants you named are not native to North America:

And, I suspect the one you purchased a couple of years ago is also a non-native.  What we are all about here at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is the study, conservation, and promotion of the use of plants native to North America, so I'm afraid we can't really help.  However, we do have a suggestion for help in identifying your plant.  Please visit our Plant Identification page to find contact information for several plant forums where you can submit your question and, if you have one, a photograph to help with the identification.