Mr. Smarty Plants - Is non-native palm tree poisonous from Midland TX

Friday - March 25, 2011

From: Midland, TX
Title: Is non-native palm tree poisonous from Midland TX

QUESTION:

Are palm trees poisonous? My husband is a landscaper and was trimming palm trees at work and when he was cutting them down it fell on him and he has scratches on his arm and one got caught on his arm and it cut him kinda bad, he's not feeling too good now. And we were told they were poisonous is this true? Should he get checked out by a doctor?

ANSWER:

Yes, go to a doctor now or, better yet, yesterday when the injury happened. See this previous article from Mr. Smarty Plants on the same subject.