Saturday - March 19, 2011

Title: Searching for seeds or plants of non-native Euphorbia peplus seeds from Austin

I am looking for Euphorbia Peplus seeds or plants to grow for skin cancer treatment. Do you have seeds or plants? Thanks!!

Some website somewhere must be posting this as the next wonder cure, because this is the second question on that plant in just a few days. It was a short answer, so we'll just copy it verbatim:

"Euphorbia peplus, Petty Spurge, is native to Africa, Asia and Europe and therefore out of our area of expertise. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which those plants are being grown. This USDA Plant Profile map shows that it grows wild (introduced) in many areas of the United States, but not including Florida. We searched the Internet on "seeds for euphorbia peplus" and got a number of listings; you might try that. We have a National Suppliers Directory, but they sell predominantly native plants and seeds."

The USDA Plant Profile map referenced above shows that it also does not grow in Texas. Our Plant Sales in April and October sell only plants native to Central Texas, and those are the only times we sell plants. We sell no seeds at all, except for maybe the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Mix at the Store.