Mr. Smarty Plants - Possible to grow Inland Sea Oats in Oklahoma?

Thursday - March 17, 2011

Title: Possible to grow Inland Sea Oats in Oklahoma?

QUESTION:

Would it be possible to grow inland sea oats in Southeast Oklahoma? Is this within the range of this plant? I am asking on behalf of my cousin in OK.

ANSWER:

Yes, it should be possible. This USDA Plant Profile Map shows the counties in Oklahoma where it is known to grow, and probably it grows in the other counties, too. Remember that it is a shade or part shade grass, and follow this link Chasmanthium latifolium (Inland sea oats) to find out more about it.