Friday - January 28, 2011

From: Amarillo, TX
Title: Sources for non-native seeds from Amarillo TX

Hello It is possible to get this kind of seeds from you?.. Thanks! : Hiptage Benghalensis (Hiptage, Helicopter Flower) Crescentia Cujete (Calabash Tree, Krabasi, Kalebas, Huingo) Macaranga Grandifolia (Macaranga, Nasturtium Tree, Parasol Leaf Tree, Bingabing) Senna Alata (Empress Candle Plant, Candle Bush, Carrion Crow Bush, Candlesticks) Echinacea Purpurea (Purple Coneflower) Serenoa Repens (Saw Palmetto) Oxyceros Horridus (Randia Siamnsis/ Fragant Randia) Camellia Sinensis (Tea plant) Aristolochia Tagala (Indian Birthwort, Oval leaf Dutchman's Pipe) Melia Azedarach (Chinaberry Tree, Indian Lilac, Pride of India, White Cedar) Putranjiva Roxburghii (Child Life Tree) Calendula Officinalis (Pot Marigold, Scotch Marigold) Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Stevia Rebaudiana (Stevia, Sweet leaf of Paraguay, Sweet-herb, Honey Yerba, Honeylea, Candy leaf) Ephedra Sinensis (Ephedra, Sea Grape) Datura Metel (Purple Horn-of-Plenty, Jimpson Weed, Devils Weed) Peltophorum Dubium (Golden Flamboyante, Yellow Flame Tree, Yellow Poinciana, Copper Pod Tree, Copperpod) Aristolochia Littoralis (Elegant Dutchmans Pipe, Calico Flower) Newbouldia Laevis (Akoko Tree, Newboldia) Bolusanthgus Speciosus (Tree Wisteria, Vanwykshout, Mogaba) Goji Berry (Chinese Wolfberry) Synsepalum Dulcificum (Miracle Fruit)

Sorry, we sell no seeds at all, except for the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Mix in the Wild Things Store. At a quick glance, we would say all of your seeds are non-native to North America, and probably would not thrive in Amarillo under any circumstances. While we have a National Suppliers Directory, they all handle mostly natives to the area in which they are. We only sell plants twice a year in our Spring and Fall Plant Sales, and those are all Central Texas natives. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is committed to the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plants will be grown.

If you are interested in gardening in Amarillo, we would suggest you go to our Recommended Species, click on the Texas High Plains section on the map, and you can search our database for plants that would do well in your climate, soils and average rainfall.