Thursday - April 13, 2006

Title: Source for Wave scaly cloakfern (Astrolepis sinuata)

QUESTION:

Can't make it to the Plant Sale but really want to buy one Astrolepis sinuata (Wavy Cloak Fern) if a plant is available for sale. Is it possible to buy one if one is available after the sale date (just come down for the sole purpose of making that purchase)? Please advise. I saw and loved this plant on a visit to the Center this past week. Thank You.

ANSWER:

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center has plants for sale only at our Annual Fall and Spring Plant Sales. Additionally, I did not find the Wavy scaly cloakfern (Astrolepis sinuata) listed as one the species for sale. You might try contacting one of the nurseries in your area that specializes in native plants to see if they carry it. You can search for nurseries in the National Suppliers Directory on our website. The Austin Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas also offers a list of native plant sources.