Thursday - December 09, 2010

From: Heath (near Dallas), TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Sooty mold on Texas Sage in Heath TX

I have a Texas Sage that has developed a mildew, blight, fungus or (?) condition. Something has attacked the leaves with a black sooty condition. What is this and what can I do to help this plant thrive?

We just recently received and answered another question on the same subject, but from Uvalde County, clear across the state from your area. This indicates to us this is not a unique situation. Because we are neither plant pathologists nor entomologists, we cannot pinpoint a precise cause. We suggest that you first follow the link above to read our previous answer, and then contact the TexaS A&M AgriLIfe Extension Office for either Rockwall or Kaufman County.