Saturday - December 04, 2010

From: Ft. Pierce, FL
Title: Locating non-native rue in Ft. Pierce, FL

QUESTION:

I am trying to find the herb rue in Ft. Pierce FL. Can any one refer me to a herb store that sells the plant? I've looked everywhere.

ANSWER:

From Botanical.com, here is some information on Ruta graveolens; Rue is a native of the Meditteranean area. While we have a National Suppliers Directory, they all sell a majority of plants native to North America. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plant is being grown. We have seen pots of rue on sale in various places, in an herb section, like home improvement centers and even grocery stores. You might try something like Googling on "herbs for sale in Ft. Pierce FL."