Mr. Smarty Plants - Permit to transport trees in Ivanhoe TX

Thursday - December 02, 2010

From: Ivanhoe, TX
Topic: Planting, Trees
Title: Permit to transport trees in Ivanhoe TX

QUESTION:

Do you have to have a special permit to transport trees on a semi truck and trailer in Texas? They are Texas grown trees, just going to a different location inside the state.

ANSWER:

This is a little out of our line, you should probably contact the Texas Department of Transportation. In our line, however, is the hope that if you are transporting trees big enough to need a truck like that you have a professional arborist handling it. A large tree is very difficult to successfully transplant, and the long-range damage to their roots could be fatal.