Saturday - November 13, 2010

From: Brownsville, TX
Title: Identification of vine-like plant.

I have a an odd plant that I bought years ago. It's like a vine. It has hard rubbery like leaves they turn inward and they are green. First a cone like shape grows then the leaves grow. I would like to know the name and info of this plant. Thanks.

Based on the fact that you bought your plant and based on your description of it, I suspect that it isn't native to North America.  Our focus and expertise here at the Wildflower Center are with native plants.  I suggest that you take photos of your plant and then visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to find information about several sources where you can submit your photos for identification.