Mr. Smarty Plants - Non-native begonias not blooming in Round Rock, TX

Wednesday - October 13, 2010

From: Round Rock, TX
Title: Non-native begonias not blooming in Round Rock, TX

QUESTION:

My angel wing begonias won't bloom. I feed them with fish emulsion. What is the problem?

ANSWER:

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which those plants are being grown. Begonia coccinea is native to Brazil, and therefore is out of our area of expertise.

Contact the  American Begonia Society or check out some of the forums on begonias.