Monday - October 11, 2010

From: Adrian, MI
Topic: Pruning, Seasonal Tasks
Title: Winter pruning for yucca in Adrian, Michigan
Answered by: Marilyn Kircus

QUESTION:

Can I cut yucca plants down for winter months.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants coverd this question in a  Previous Question, and it is even in Michigan.

Adam's needle
Yucca filamentosa

More Seasonal Tasks Questions

Cutting back achillea in New York
March 18, 2009 - Last summer I planted three gorgeous hearty achillea with flat, yellow tops, about 3 feet high or more each, in my sunny garden. But after they were done flowering, I left those very pretty brown stem...

Planting bluebonnets
April 20, 2008 - How long do bluebonnet seeds take to mature, and when is the earliest in their development they can be harvested? When can they be scattered?

Winter care for plants in Austin
December 05, 2008 - Hello, I'm just getting into the gardening thing, and have planted tons of plants this fall here in Austin. I'm a bit worried about them with winter right around the corner. My first question is r...

Shade trees for Spring TX
August 17, 2011 - Dear Mr.Pants, our west-facing backyard in Spring, Tx, is unbearable in this Summer's heat. Neither us nor the neighbors has any backyard trees established yet, as the subdivision is pretty new. C...

Bluebonnets in memorial garden in cemetery
April 11, 2008 - When is the peak time to scatter bluebonnet seeds? I have a loved one that recently died, and she requested that her body be cremated. She would like her ashes to be mixed with bluebonnet seeds and ...