Monday - October 11, 2010

From: Adrian, MI
Topic: Pruning, Seasonal Tasks
Title: Winter pruning for yucca in Adrian, Michigan
Answered by: Marilyn Kircus

QUESTION:

Can I cut yucca plants down for winter months.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants coverd this question in a  Previous Question, and it is even in Michigan.

Adam's needle
Yucca filamentosa

More Seasonal Tasks Questions

Bluebonnets planted in late spring bloom, will they bloom again?
February 06, 2008 - New to South Texas & we decided to plant bluebonnets around our house. The seeds were planted in late spring & we were delighted to watch them start their initial growth-cycle. They ultimately produc...

Seasonal tasks for Big Red Sage and Tall Aster in Marble Falls TX
January 09, 2012 - I transplanted some Big Red Sage and Tall Aster into my raised bed garden in early summer this year. They've sent up lots of rosettes. Do I need to protect them from freezing in winter? Do I need to ...

Cutting back woody plants after freeze in Leander TX
December 10, 2009 - I have several woody shrubs in a prominent location. Now that the leaves have frozen, how far back should I cut them? These are Flame Acanthus, Salvia ballotiflora, and Aloysia macrostachya, but I w...

Vinegar as a Herbicide
March 08, 2012 - When can you use vinegar on weeds to get rid of them.

Drought affecting native trees from The Woodlands
August 18, 2011 - I've been trying to grow native trees in my yard for the past 3 years and I'm starting to question whether the amount of time required to spend watering them during the long hot season in Texas is r...