Wednesday - October 13, 2010

From: Round Rock, TX
Title: Need advice on Angel Wing Begonia in Round Rock, Texas
Answered by: Marilyn Kircus

QUESTION:

My Angel Wing Begonia seem hardy and healthy; I keep them in bright, indirect light and feed them periodically with diluted fish emulsion. I keep them dry as opposed to moist. But they don't bloom. How can I make them bloom?

ANSWER:

The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to the growth, propagation and protection of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which those plants are being grown. Begonia coccinea is native to Brazil, and therefore is out of our area of expertise.

Contact the  American Begonia Society or check out some of the forums on begonias.