En EspaÑol

Tuesday - April 04, 2006

From: Dallas, TX
Title: Predictin bloom time for Indian Blankets (Gaillardia pulchella)
Answered by: Dean Garrett

QUESTION:

Is there any way to predict when the Indian Blankets will bloom this year? I live in Dallas, and last year they were in peak bloom at Twelve Hills Nature Center (also in Dallas) around the 21st of May?

ANSWER:

Indian Blankets (Gaillardia pulchella) rarely show any variation in bloom time year to year, so bloom season for Dallas will probably be the same as last year. Varying rainfall rates show their effects mostly in number of blooms and intensity of color.