Sunday - October 03, 2010

From: Laredo, TX
Title: Looking for a source for native Texas plums

QUESTION:

Please provide a source for native Texas plums--I want to plant some in the Texas Hill Country.

ANSWER:

Visit our National Suppliers Directory and enter 'Texas' for the search location to get a list of nurseries that specialize in native plants.  Your e-mail address indicates that you are in Laredo but you may want to buy your trees nearer the Hill Country. From the list you can choose nurseries in the cities nearest your area of interest.   Many of the nurseries have webpages with species lists that you can search.  If they don't have a webpage, they all will have telephone numbers for you to call.  Here are a couple that I found that list native plums:

Hill Country Natives in Leander

Natives of Texas in Kerrville

There are more nurseries on the list for you to check out.