Mr. Smarty Plants - Nurseries that Sell Perennial Native Plants in Fort Worth,TX

Wednesday - September 29, 2010

From: Fort Worth, TX
Title: Nurseries that Sell Perennial Native Plants in Fort Worth,TX
Answered by: Marilyn Kircus

QUESTION:

Where can I locate a nursery or nurseries with the best selection of perennial native plants in Fort Worth?

ANSWER:

Some suppliers of native plants are registered with the Native Plant Information Network. You can find them by clicking on Explore Plants, Suppliers, then filling out the search box.  I did it for you and got this list.

And after I found that three of my favorite native plant nurseries in Houston, Texas are not yet registered with the Wildflower Center, I  figured there are probably other nurseries, so also did a google search for native plant nurseries and got this.

We can't tell you which have the best selections.  A better question would be, do they have the plant(s) I want? Give them a call and then go to the place that has the most items on your list.  But you'll probably need to go to more than one to get everything you want. I just got a call for some evergreen sumac that I have been waiting a year for.

And if you are ready for a mini vacation, zip down to the Wildflower Center's Fall Plant Sale.  Members get first choice on Friday afternoon and everybody else can come on Saturday and Sunday. But you can show up Friday and become a member and then start shopping. Check out the plant list.  We always have a few plants you can't get commercially.