Monday - September 27, 2010

From: Richardson, TX
Topic: User Comments
Title: Collection dates for Charles Wright in Texas on Flame acanthus page.

QUESTION:

Mr. SP- there is a date error for Charles Wright's collection time period in Texas, at least on the Flame Acanthus page of wildflower.org. It states, "The species name of this plant is for Charles Wright, 1811-1885, world-wide botanical collector who collected extensively in Texas (1837-1952), Cuba, and his native Connecticut.". I'll let you find the obvious error yourself. I hope it gets fixed soon! Many thanks

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants  always appreciates alert readers.

You can find more information about Charles Wright who was a busy Botanist in the "Handbook of Texas ONLINE".

Thank you very much!

Flame acanthus
Anisacanthus quadrifidus var. wrightii

Flame acanthus
Anisacanthus quadrifidus var. wrightii