Mr. Smarty Plants - Sources of Starleaf Mexican Orange (Choisya dumosa)

Sunday - March 26, 2006

From: Garland, TX
Title: Sources of Starleaf Mexican Orange (Choisya dumosa)
Answered by: Nan Hampton and Dean Garrett

QUESTION:

Where can we find Choisya dumosa (plant recommended for southwest area) for sale?

ANSWER:

Starleaf Mexican Orange (Choisya dumosa) grows only in the Chihuahuan Desert regions of Texas, New Mexico, Chihuahua, and Coahuila. It is sometimes offered for sale in Alpine, Texas, at the annual plant sale of the Chihuahuan Desert Research Institute, usually held in April. For further leads, you might contact the Big Bend chapter of the Native Plant Society and peruse our National Suppliers Directory.