Monday - September 20, 2010

From: Del Valle , TX
Topic: Planting
Title: Plants that survive Central Texas weather
Answered by: Marie & Delbert Bassett

QUESTION:

What type of plants survive the Central Texas region weather for summer and winter?

ANSWER:

To answer your own question, you can go to the Recommended Species page on our website and click on the Central Texas part of the map to get a list of commercially available plants suited for this area—the 'Texas-Central Recommended' list. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the Recommended Species page you will note a special list, Just for Central Texas.  As lists of plants for  Central Texas , it is implied that they will survive typical summer and winter weather; however, as you scan the lists, you should always check the GROWING CONDITIONS for each species to see if they are compatible with your particular growing site.