Monday - September 20, 2010

From: Del Valle , TX
Topic: Planting
Title: Plants that survive Central Texas weather
Answered by: Marie & Delbert Bassett

What type of plants survive the Central Texas region weather for summer and winter?

To answer your own question, you can go to the Recommended Species page on our website and click on the Central Texas part of the map to get a list of commercially available plants suited for this area—the 'Texas-Central Recommended' list. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the Recommended Species page you will note a special list, Just for Central Texas.  As lists of plants for  Central Texas , it is implied that they will survive typical summer and winter weather; however, as you scan the lists, you should always check the GROWING CONDITIONS for each species to see if they are compatible with your particular growing site.