Tuesday - August 24, 2010

From: Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Title: Care of non-native Sorbaria sorbifolia (false spiraea)

I have 2 Sorbaria sorbifolia (false spiraea) that will not flower. This is their third summer. What should I do?

Please note that our focus and expertise here at the Wildflower Center are with plants native to North America.  Sorbaria sorbifolia (false spirea) is native to the Far East (e.g., Siberia, China, Korea, Japan) so we really can't help you. Your best bet to find an answer to the problem of your non-flowering false spiraea is to do a Google search for its care or by joining one of the garden forums such as UBC Botanical Garden Forums or GardenWeb Forums.