En Espa—ol

Saturday - August 07, 2010

From: Massapequa Park, NY
Topic: Watering
Title: Plant for graveside in New Jersey

I am looking for a plant to put on a graveside in southern New Jersey. The problem is that the area is very hot & dry and the plant would only receive rain. I am interested in a perennial. Thanks

Mr. Smarty Plants answered a similar question for someone in Massachusetts just a few days ago.  The advice and all the plants suggested would apply to your gravesite in New Jersey.  It will probably be necessary for you to supply some water periodically (carry some in a gallon jug) until the plant is established.  Then, any of the plants suggested should be able to maintain themselves with available rainwater.