Mr. Smarty Plants - Non-native strawberry tree dying in Mt. View CA

Sunday - August 01, 2010

From: Mt. View, , CA
Title: Non-native strawberry tree dying in Mt. View CA

QUESTION:

My strawberry tree has brown leaves and is dying, what can I do?

ANSWER:

Arubtus unedo, Strawberry Tree is native to the Meditteranean area and therefore falls out of our area of expertise, which is the growth, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plants is being grown. We found a couple of articles about the care for the tree and perhaps you will be able to find help from them.

Suite101.com The Strawberry Tree

Floridata Arbutus unedo

arborday.org Strawberry Tree