Tuesday - February 28, 2006

From: New Braunfels, TX
Title: Source for Guayacan (Guajacum angustifolium) in Texas

QUESTION:

Do you know where I can purchase guayacan (soapbush) or is it impossible to transplant?

ANSWER:

You can search in our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries in your area that specialize in native plants who might have Guayacan (Guajacum angustifolium) in their inventory. In a preliminary search, I found one nursery, Rancho Lomitas Native Plant Nursery, in Rio Grande City, Texas that lists guayacan for sale. The Native Plant Society of Texas web page also lists nurseries that carry native plants.