Wednesday - March 08, 2006

From: Clintondale, NY
Title: Non-native Mandevilla care

QUESTION:

I have a mandevilla and it looks like there are about 5 plants in one pot. Can it be separated without killing it? And, if it can be separated how should it be done? The plant is about 7" high and in a pot about 15"wide. I have 3 bamboo hooped trellises in the pot that Mandie has grown onto. She lives indoors until April/May. I would appreciate your help.

ANSWER:

Mandevilla spp. is native to Brazil. Since our focus and expertise are in plants native to the North American continent, this plant is not really in our purview. You can find a wealth of information on the internet by doing a Google search using "Mandevilla care" as your search terms.