Mr. Smarty Plants - White fuzz on pine tree bark in Dartmouth MA

Tuesday - July 13, 2010

From: Dartmouth, MA
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Planting
Title: White fuzz on pine tree bark in Dartmouth MA

QUESTION:

We have white fuzz on our pine tree bark?

ANSWER:

Perhaps the first self-flocking Christmas tree? Okay, sorry, but there are not enough clues in your question for us to have a clue. We are guessing some sort of insect or possible disease causing excretions from the tree, itself. However, we are neither plant pathologists nor entomologists, so we would recommend your contacting the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth Extension Office for Bristol County. If you are experiencing this problem, it's likely others in your area are too, and the Extension Office does have access to horticulturists who can help you.