Wednesday - June 30, 2010

From: Brownsburg, IN
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Trees
Title: Need help with a 50 ft Tulip Tree with storm damage in Brownsburg, IN.

I have a 50 ft Tulip tree that suffered storm damage. One for the main branches split at the top fork and fell. It has left about 6 ft of exposed wood but there are still a couple of main branches intact. What can we put on this exposed area to try to save the tree? Thanks!

A fifty foot Tuliptree Liriodendron tulipifera (tuliptree)  would be a shame to lose, so we are going to suggest that you seek the advice of a certified arborist to assist you with this problem.

The International Society of Arboriculture is the professional organization for arborists that is dedicated to fostering a greater appreciation for trees, and to promoting the professional practice of arboriculture. Their Trees are Good website has a feature that helps you find a Tree Care Service. Using the finder, I got a list of several Tree Care Service providers in Brownsburg. 

Liriodendron tulipifera