Monday - February 06, 2006

From: Mammoth lakes, CA
Topic: User Comments
Title: Links to geographical zones
Answered by: Damon Waitt

QUESTION:

A link page to similar sites would be helpful. Rather than 8 "geographical zones" how about by real zones; I live in California at 8000 feet. I know I can use the Rocky Mt. Zone to a degree, but all in all, wouldn't that be much more informative?

ANSWER:

If by real zones you mean the USDA planting zones, yes, we would like to include that information. Unfortunately, for a lot of native plant species which are fairly new to the horticultural trade, we have yet to find a good source of information for the planting zones. If you know of a good source for that information, please let us know.