Mr. Smarty Plants - Where to find azaleas in St. Louis

Wednesday - June 02, 2010

From: St. Louis, MO
Title: Where to find azaleas in St. Louis

QUESTION:

Where can I find reasonably priced Azalea shrubs in St. Louis in the red, orange color that are inexpensive? Precise enough? LOL

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants marvels at the preciseness of your request!  Unfortunately, Mr. Smarty Plants can't respond with quite as precise an answer.  I am going to send you to our National Suppliers Directory and suggest that you type in 'St. Louis' in the Enter Search Location.  This will give you a list of nurseries in your general area that specialize in native plants.  Be sure to click on the "Find More Nurseries" line at the bottom of the NURSERIES list to see a larger list.  Some of the nurseries have webpages where you can search for azaleas or rhododendrons, but all have a telephone number, at least, for you to call.  I did do a quick search and found one webpage that showed lots of azaleas in various colors. It is D. A. Hoerr & Sons Nursery in Peoria, IL (not exactly next door to you), but if you do a search in their Plant-o-Pedia section, you can see them.  Good luck with your search and I hope you find all the colors you are looking for.