Sunday - May 16, 2010

From: The Colony, TX
Title: Science project
Answered by: Damon Waitt

QUESTION:

I am doing a science project and have to find 30 examples of flowers native to Texas to photograph. What is available in the Dallas - Fort Worth area that is easily photographed?

ANSWER:

Given the exceptional spring we are having here in Texas, you should have no trouble finding wildflowers to photograph for your science project. Here is what the Green Guru suggests:

1. Review the pictures and plants in the Recommended Species list for North Central Texas

2. Go outside and look for those plants and photograph them.

3. Don't procrastinate. The longer you wait, the fewer flowers you will find to photograph.

Here are a few wildflowersto from your area to get you started:

Aquilegia canadensis

Callirhoe digitata

Castilleja indivisa

Centaurea americana

Coreopsis tinctoria

Echinacea purpurea

Gaillardia pulchella

Hesperaloe parviflora

Lantana urticoides

Monarda citriodora

Ratibida columnifera

Salvia farinacea