Mr. Smarty Plants - Picture of fungus on winecups in Taylor TX

Monday - May 10, 2010

From: Taylor, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders
Title: Picture of fungus on winecups in Taylor TX

QUESTION:

My error! I rated your answer to my question as 3 stars. I did not know how the rating worked and I accidentally chose 3. Your response was great. I would like to send you a picture of the spores/fungus for your review. Thanks and again, sorry for the marginal review I accidentally sent in. Philip

ANSWER:

That was not a "marginal" review. That was a very nice review. We rarely get any response at all, including stars, and are always gratified at positive feedback. Since I am not in the channel to get pictures, and it would be confusing to the members of the Mr. Smarty Plants team that are, it isn't necessary to send a picture. So many plant problems look the same and, since we are not plant pathologists, are generally treated with the same provisions of changing whatever the cause is, a picture would not be likely to help too much. It's always nice to be appreciated, and we hope the "fix" of drier soil works.