Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant Identification from Ephrata PA

Tuesday - May 04, 2010

From: Ephrata, PA
Title: Plant Identification from Ephrata PA

QUESTION:

I've come across a low plant with bright green leaves and a distinct burgundy on the leaf. I've been told it's called Throw Me Over The Fence, but I believe it must be called something else. I believe it gets red berries in late summer.

ANSWER:

Sorry, we couldn't find anything with that particular common name, and your description could be too many different plants, including non-native, which we don't deal with. If you would like for us to try to identify it, go to our Plant Identification instructions for sending pictures, follow the instructions completely, and we'll see what we can figure out.