Monday - May 03, 2010

From: Lewisburg, TN
Title: Plant identification

I have a 50 ft tree in my front forest apartment in Lewisburg, TN garden, that is blooming white cluster flowers. They are slightly fragrant. I thought Carolina silverbell but they have NO yellow stamen. This tree must be at least 20 to 30 years old. It's in clay dry soil in full sun. Any ideas?

Mr. Smarty Plants is going tell you how to search our Native Plant Database for the identity of your tree.  Do a COMBINATION SEARCH, choosing Tennessee from the Select State or Province box, 'Tree' from the Habit (general appearance) box and 'White' from the Bloom Characteristics: Color area.  This will give you more than 60 trees to look through.  If you don't find it to be one of these, then please send us photos and we will do our best to identify it.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.