Monday - April 26, 2010

From: Jenkins, KY
Title: Plant identification for vine in Kentucky

QUESTION:

Need to know the name of a plant. It grows in Eastern KY, south WVA and West VA. It grows alone riverbanks and creeks. It is a weed, in the spring it has a white bloom and bees work it like crazy. It spreads everywhere and is a curse. You cut it down, it comes back. It has a crazy root system on it. I kind of figure, it was brought in by coal companies for a cover used in reclamation. I need to get rid of it..can email you a picture.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants can't think what this vine might be from just your description; but if you will send us photos, we will do our very best to identify it.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.  Please include close up photos of leaves and flowers, if possible, as well as a photo of the overall appearance of the vine.