Sunday - April 18, 2010

From: Marble Falls, TX
Title: Pruning of frost-damaged non-native Sago Palms in Marble Falls TX

QUESTION:

I have several large Sago Palms that have partial frost damage, they are part green and part brown fronds. Should I remove the brown leaves? the center of the leaf is green.

ANSWER:

Cycas revoluta, Sago Palm, is native to temperate Asia, most particularly Japan, which places it out of our area of expertise. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is committed to the use, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the are in which the plant is being grown.

Here is a website from Floridata that should help you.  Sun Palm Trees