Saturday - April 17, 2010

From: Blackshire, OH
Title: Mystery flower in Mesquite NY

QUESTION:

My sister recently told me a story, that one day in the Mesquite, NV area she liked a white wildflower on the side of the road, so she went to smell it, and a car stopped and told her not to touch it, that it was very poisonous. Would you know of what flower it might have been? Or was he pulling her leg.

ANSWER:

We pride ourselves on being very good plant detectives, but this is beyond us. We usually request a picture, and a much more complete description of the plant, area, season, etc. to even begin to identify a plant. Frankly, we think he was either pulling your sister's leg, or trying a new pickup line. We hate it when plants are used for such nefarious purposes.