Monday - April 05, 2010

From: Woodbridge, VA
Title: Mystery fast-growing plant with the honeysuckle

QUESTION:

Mr. Smarty Plants, We have a section of honeysuckle, then a section of this 4 foot, bright, hairy green leafed, thorn bush that seems to be blooming/growing faster than the honeysuckle. Then a section of honeysuckle, then the 4-foot big, bright green thing. Both are growing on the fence, in our yard and from the creek. Neither neighbors have this plant growing in their backyard. What is this Jolly Green Giant?

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants thinks this plant sounds fascinating but is going to need a photograph or two to identify it.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read the instructions for submitting photos.  Please follow those instructions carefully and send us several photos.  We will do our very best to identify your Jolly Green Giant.