Mr. Smarty Plants - Need a source for 100 lbs of Bluebonnet seeds.

Friday - April 16, 2010

From: Houston, TX
Title: Need a source for 100 lbs of Bluebonnet seeds.

QUESTION:

Where can one buy 100 lbs (yes lbs) of bluebonnet seeds? Any suggestions on where I can most economically do so? Trying to spread the love :)

ANSWER:

At the recommended seeding rate, that will cover a little more than 3 acres.

My first suggestion is to go to our Suppliers Directory  page and type in your city. This will give you a list of nurseries and seed suppliers that you can peruse to find a seller. My second suggestion is to read our "How to" article about blue bonnets. 

I found two suppliers, Native American Seed  and  mybluebonnets.com,  which might convince you that this may not be as economical as you had hoped.

I talked with a sales representative from Native American Seed  at the Wild Flower Center Plant Sale on April 11, and he told me that they will not have large quanities of bluebonnet seed available until after the harvest this summer.

Lupinus texensis