En Espa—ol

Thursday - December 01, 2005

From: New Holland, PA
Title: Sources for Strawberry Bush (Euonymus americana) in Pennsylvania

QUESTION:

I am interested in purchasing some Strawberry bush plants but I am having problems finding where I can purchase them. Any suggestions?

ANSWER:

You can search in the National Suppliers Directory on the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center web page for native plant nurseries that have the American Strawberry Bush or Hearts-a-Bustin (Euonymus americana) for sale. You will be able to search by your state, Pennsylvania, or by your region, Mid-Atlantic. In a preliminary search for nurseries in Pennsylvania I found two (with internet addresses) that offered Euonymus americana for sale. These were Edge of the Woods Native Plant Nursery in Fogelsville and Redbud Native Plant Nursery in Glen Mills. Many other nurseries are listed with telephone numbers and addresses but without web pages. You may be able to locate one nearer your location that you can contact by telephone that has the Strawberry Bush for sale.