Friday - March 26, 2010

Title: Does Texas Thistle have any scent from Austin

QUESTION:

Does the Texas Thistle have any particular aroma. We are doing a report, and cannot find the answer to this question anywhere. We have also driven all around local Austin, and cannot find any on the roadsides. Help! report due soon!

ANSWER:

Sorry, Mr. Smarty Plants is not in the report-writing business. We can, however, give you a couple of tips: follow this link to Cirsium texanum (Texas thistle) which will tell you pretty well what we know about the plant, including the fact that it blooms from April to August, which is why you are not finding it now, in March. Go to the bottom of that page on the plant and click on the link to Google, which will give you a lot more sites with information about the plant. 

Cirsium texanum

Cirsium texanum

Cirsium texanum

Cirsium texanum